Principles and Methods of Biodynamic Beekeeping
(2018 date to be announced)
Time: Friday: 3:00pm – 6:00pm & Saturday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Friday and Saturday classes will be held at the Sanctuary, 401 Hideaway Lane, Floyd, VA 24091
Learn how to keep bees successfully with biodynamic/sustainable beekeeping practices.
Participants will learn about the Honeybee as a creative and life-supporting insect and about beekeeping methods that honor her very own needs. We will look at the evolution of beekeeping practices culminating in the present challenges the bees and beekeepers face. Understanding and learning ways and means to overcome the present crisis will be at the core of this workshop. We have to become active for the future of the honeybee worldwide!
- Pros and cons of different hive forms and materials
- The importance of swarming for the health of the colony
- The vital importance of having naturally raised, not grafted queens
- Natural wax comb–working without foundations
- Selecting best bee forage
- Mites, hive beetles, foulbrood, etc.
- Treatments and teas
We offer a 15% discount to students and couples. Please call us at 540.745.2153 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.